Monday, July 16, 2012

Rainy days and Mondays

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday... let's face it - any rainy day gets me down.  After a fun filled but dry dry dry summer last year with virtually NO rain, the past few weeks of daily thunderstorms have been a real downer.  We've been struggling the past few weekends to find activities for the kids.  I guess I never realized just how dependent we are on the great outdoors for our active life until our backyard began looking like this....

Out of desperation and fear of another long weekend stuck inside (and a little inspiration from dear friends), I paid a visit to Michael's.  And on Sunday - we got our art on!


 The kids LOVED it!!!  


  So serious!







Uh oh.  But say it with me... WASHable paint!!!  And it really is.  Comes right up!
But then it got a little too crazy and we had to wrap things up.
 Even clean-up was fun!
Despite all my whining about the weather, Sunday actually turned out to be a near perfect day.  After our morning Picasso project and midday napping while it thundered ominously outside... the skies miraculously cleared and we were able to go outside for a fun and long-overdue pool afternoon!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how big he's getting. He's going to pass Sydney right up!

    ReplyDelete