Monday, July 16, 2012

The Fourth and Fireworks!

I'm way behind.  Way behind.  And I really want to be blogging about a fun project from this weekend but I haven't even blogged about the Fourth yet.  Who cares what order I blog in though, right?  Well, I do.  Sigh.  I drive myself crazy sometimes.  I cannot bring myself to blog out of order.  So here you are - our wonderful Fourth in pictures.


Despite my lack of enthusiasm now (I blame all the recent rain - I was not meant to live in a gloomy, wet climate), it really was a great day/week.


The kids kicked off celebrations at school with a little Fourth of July parade.  They managed to schedule it right between two big bursts of rain.  Perfect timing!





The Fourth happens to also fall between some very important birthdays in our family... our nephew Charley was born on the 3rd and Pat's Dad celebrates his birthday on the 4th!  So we made a cake!  Ok, so neither of the birthday boys were actually here to eat it (details) so I guess it really was a cake to share with friends at a bbq.  But who cares.  Cake!  I have no pics of the cake but Syd helped with every step - even the clean-up!  Which then required it's own sort of clean-up.

 Again between (er, maybe during) rain showers, we stepped outside for a quick family photo!
 Stuck indoors at our neighbors house didn't hold the little ones back from celebrating.  The girls had so much fun playing dress up!  They even had a handsome prince!

 Fletcher making his move on the littlest princess!
 The rain stopped long enough to finally get outside for the evening.



And left puddles with Fletcher's name written ALL over them!!!
 It isn't a party until someone loses their clothes.  And Fletcher's always the life of the party!


 And there was also the dirt.  Needless to say, Fletcher left this particular party with only a diaper - and a big huge smile!


Then there were fireworks.  Both on our street and in our house as one particular child chose to use this fun get-to-stay-up-late holiday to throw one epic tantrum.  


1 comment:

  1. She looks so adorable with her crown and her juice and yummy dessert! Quite the lovely little lady! Cannot believe this is the same child that "escaped" the house, headed to school with her little brother some weeks ago. She looks so innocent!

    ReplyDelete