Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thank God for little boys

This is where I found Fletcher yesterday.  On top of the kitchen counter (moving awfully close to the cooktop).  Sydney has been pulling the chair up to the counter to watch and help me cook since she could walk.  She has never.  Ever.  Tried to climb up onto the counter.

 And here is the result of his temper after I plucked him (again) from the muddy spot in the backyard.  I may need to put away all white clothing for a while.
Sydney has certainly been harder on my brain.  But Fletcher - well, he's just full contact right now.  Sydney never climbed on the counters or played in the mud, or stood out in the rain, or poured cat food into the cat's water bowl, or stomped crackers into crevices, or hid bananas to rot for days, or dove elbow deep into toilets, or destroyed multiple rolls of toilet paper.  Like he does.
But she also doesn't give the biggest sweetest hugs and slobbery kisses either.  He is oh so generous with those!


After baths last night, Fletcher was in our bedroom with his sister watching The Lion King.  His squeals quickly lured me in to investigate.  While I expected to catch him in attack mode with his sister, I found him completely engrossed in the movie - moving and clapping and squealing and roaring with the lions.  I stood there, still in my mud smeared white jeans, watching him and thinking, "thank God for little boys."

No comments:

Post a Comment