Thursday, February 2, 2012

Update

It's January - er, uh, make that February - still in the getting-it-together-for-the-new-year mode.


I have some fun posts coming but wanted to just say hello and give a quick update on life in the Fraher house.  Pat is gone for the next week - in Angola for work - so I should have lots of extra time for blogging!


The pantry is still organized!  Woohoo!  Except for the occasion when Fletcher turns a food item into a toy.



Or his personal snack.

These two are still the best of friends.  And worst of enemies.  I can assure you moments after this adorable picture was taken of Sydney pushing her brother in the swing, she was trying to yank him out of the seat because it was HER TURN!

Case in point (as they seriously test the engineering of a baby bouncy seat).  By the way, do you hear all that whining?  Like fingernails on a chalkboard.



And I've been trying to avoid this for some time but - Fletcher is finally learning to use a spoon.  Thank goodness we had the foresight to wait until the kids got a little older before replacing our raggedy kitchen chairs.  They will be beyond even Salvation Army by the time we're done with them.

I still have not perfected the lemon ricotta pancake.  I tried using less egg whites in the original recipe.  Nope.  The texture was all wrong.  Too ricotta-y.  Then I tried a whole new recipe - Bobby Flay's.  Nope.  Too lemon-y and not cakey enough.  I'm not really a baker so experimenting beyond finding other recipes isn't really in the cards for me.  But I found another one online that I think with one minor alteration might do the trick.  I'll keep you posted.  Thankfully I have willing taste testers.


No, Ashley and I have not finished Dad's Christmas present... the picture project with all the grandkids.  Maybe by Easter.


Oh, and by the way, Sydney is potty trained.  What I thought was going to be a long, drawn out, hair-pulling, tearful process was SO STINKING EASY!  She just sort of decided to do it one day.  And it's like she's been using the potty all her life.  She still wears a diaper overnight.  But not during naps.  She's done.  It's truly the most remarkable thing ever.  And I cannot take one bit of credit for it at all.  Dang.  I'm really grateful she waited until after the holidays to make this leap.  I can't imagine handling the travel with a potty training toddler.  I assure you it would have been much harder on me than her.


So there you have it!  Thanks for going on this journey with us.  I've been blogging now for almost exactly a year.  It's been a great joy and even better motivator.  Speaking of - I'm going to motivate myself out of this chair to take few pics of my latest project.  Some before and after coming your way soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment