Thursday, January 5, 2012

What's Cookin!

I'm not sure what got into me.  


Since we returned from Christmas vaca I've been on a cooking spree.  And I like it.


Not just cooking because I have to.  Cooking because I WANT to.


I brined a turkey breast and re-created the whole holiday meal (so not ready for it all to be over).  
Made Susan Spicer's shrimp and tomato bisque with homemade shrimp stock (HEAV-EN-LY).
Cooked a New Years meal complete with some if-i-had-a-southern-granny-she'd-be-proud-collards, black-eyed peas and ham.
Braised short ribs, roasted potatoes and brussel sprouts.


Even when I almost missed the mark last night because my protein hadn't thawed, I whipped up a delicious new recipe - banana bread pancakes - I found on Pinterest!  Because everyone loves breakfast for dinner.  And who doesn't love banana bread.  Mmm. Mmmm.  The kids scarfed them down and ate the leftovers this morning for breakfast.


And there are a pile of recipes just waiting for us to try.  One of my new years resolutions was to try at least 12 new recipes/meals.  At this rate I'm going to accomplish it before this month is even over!


Maybe it was my crazy month of travel.  Maybe it was being away from my kitchen and all of my kitchen things.  Maybe it was missing out on all the usual holiday baking.  Whatever it was, I'm having a great time and hope this season of joyful cooking lasts a while.


Sorry there are no photos to further torture you - too busy cooking and eating.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mandy, come cook at my house. I've lost all desire and the kids are tired of living off a grits ... the one thing they can make themselves :/

    ReplyDelete