Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes

To continue my cooking spree, last weekend I began serious research to find the perfect lemon ricotta pancake.


I became slightly obsessed with finding this recipe after traveling to New York City last month and having THE best lemon ricotta pancakes here - at Sarabeth's!
These are practically the only photos I took while in NY.  They serve you 5 generous pancakes.  I ate all 5.  Twice.  Obsessed.
But NYC is a little far away for a Saturday morning breakfast, so I turned to Google for help and found this recipe to try.
Yes, you have to whip egg whites.  Yes, it's a little more time consuming than your average Bisquick pancake.  Hmmm - maybe a little too time consuming.... after tuning out 4,239 "mama's" I looked up to find Sydney changing her own diaper.  Oops.  I was in a zone.
This is probably not going to be a weekday staple.   But once in a while for a special weekend breakfast, it's excellent.

I found the pancakes to be a little too light and will adjust to only whip 4 egg whites next time to see if I can get the consistency right.  But the flavor was pretty dang close to the real thing.


I'm also slightly obsessed right now with the ability to cook multiple pancakes at once thanks to this awesome double burner griddle I got for Christmas!!!

Mmmm.  Got Sydney's stamp of approval too!
 

2 comments:

  1. What kind of double burner griddle is that? I need to rid my house of my electric nonstick skillet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about you going to culinary school. Besides being a writer,(for a book I hope)you sure can cook and bake.

    ReplyDelete