Friday, December 2, 2011

Warning to fellow bloggers!

There are size limits on the photos you upload - and Blogger does not automatically reduce their size as you are uploading.

Unless you're a Google+ user, that limit is probably 1 GB.  That's a lot of storage - but depending on the size of your individual photos, you will run out fairly quickly.  Did you also know they are all stored on a Picasa web album?


Now, you're probably sitting there thinking - well of course there's a limit.  Doesn't everyone know that?


Maybe they do.  I know I certainly felt like the only turkey out there last night when I got a warning that I had exceeded my limits.  Blogging comes with a lot of learning curves so it's not uncommon for me to feel like a dunce.


But then I spoke with a fellow blogger friend this morning who I consider to be much much more savvy about these things than I - and even SHE didn't know this little fact until another friend told her recently.


So - in hopes of saving someone else out there the pain that I just had to go through.  Here is your warning!  Reduce the size of your photos before loading them to your blog.


And if you run out of space, let me know.  I found a fairly quick fix to the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment