Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Merry Christmas!

This has been a whirlwind month for our family.  I've been gone for business and personal travel more than I've been home which laid a huge burden on Pat's shoulders - one that he carried proudly.  I'm so lucky to be married to a man who truly loves being a dad and relishes this time he had privately with the kids.  He makes me feel like such a whiner when I have to keep the kids by myself for a few days.


I just arrived home this evening but we leave again tomorrow afternoon to spend Christmas with Pat's family in Gulf Shores.  Sadly there has been little in the way of treasured Christmas activities and zero holiday baking around here - which is a first for me.  But even without those traditions, our Christmas spirit is strong... the true test will be when we listen to Christmas carols throughout the entire 9 hour car ride tomorrow!  Woohoo!  I'm ready.  And bring on the Evan & Williams egg nog!  I'm going to cram an entire month of Christmas spirit into ONE WEEK!


But before I get too far in the weeds (or egg nog).  Here is our 2011 Christmas Card.  We cut WAY back on our mailing this year.  Sorry if you didn't get one (but I may still be trying to track down your address if you move as much as I do).  It was out of control and crazy expensive.  


And I didn't do a Christmas newsletter.  Sorry again.  I blog.  It felt redundant.  And it's been a busy month.  


But I love receiving Christmas cards - especially pictures!  Please keep 'em coming.  And I promise, if you send me one, you'll get one in return.  I think.  I'm a little scattered this year.



By the way, when you go out of town for a few weeks, your kids grow up crazy fast!  Sydney serenaded me at the airport today with Frosty The Snowman and has been telling her brother to stop bothering her because "I'm reading."  Whose kid is this?

No comments:

Post a Comment