Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May What???

Where has this month gone? This morning I was adding an event to my calendar for June... and realized it is NEXT WEEK! What the...????

It started out innocently enough. My dad and sister were coming for a visit at the beginning of the month and then it would be smooth sailing until June.

Then Sydney got sick and was home for a week. She apparently didn't know she was sick and did not slow down one iota!

Ready to get caught up the following week... and Fletcher got sick. There was no fooling him though! He knew he was sick and was mis-ra-bull! He completely falls into the stereotype of boys being terrible patients and big babies when they're not feeling well. He also fell ill on a week when I was supposed to take a fun trip to DC. It seems to be a theme. Anytime mom tries to go away for a night, one or both kids get sick. Trip cancelled. Booooo.

OK, phew, back to normal. Not so fast. Sydney had water survival training every day last week. Her lessons were at 11am, cutting right into the middle of the day and creating quite the logistical challenge for me. More on that in my next post.

So finally this week, sanity should be returning. However the to-do list, half started projects and mess has piled so high it literally leaves me paralyzed. And operation "organize the office" - which has... um... been on my to-do list since maybe January - has officially moved to the top (well, ok, maybe not exactly since I'm sitting here on Wednesday, amid the squalor, blogging). In hopes of motivating me - or shaming me - whatever works - I'm posting the awful evidence for all to see.

But while this month may have been crazy, it's also been a very fun one. In case you missed us, here is a quick look into what we've been up to...

Grampy and Aunt Jami came for a visit (and made banana pudding).
We played with the water hose.
Took walks to see the ducks.
Big boy turned 7 months (no more pics or the bear gets it!)
We destroyed the pantry (yes, that is powdered sugar in her hands - potential disaster avoided after photo captured)
Played nicely together
Helped with household chores
And were generally happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment