Monday, April 18, 2011

Slave Driver

We may have just experienced one of the most beautiful weather weekends ever! Blue skies, highs in the 70's/80's and - get this - 8% humidity! I know here in TX the air is a little drier than I've previously been accustomed to in the bayou and marshes of LA and FL but this set some kind of record.

Enjoying the weather on Saturday, I got out and did a little weeding in the mulch around Sydney's swing set. I mean, seriously, the thought of doing manual labor outside without breaking a sweat the second I walk out the door is completely foreign to me. I just had to go test it out for myself. Sydney was delighted with the project and joined in... mainly throwing perfectly good mulch into my weed bucket. But who cares. It was beautiful, she was having a ball and thrilled to be spending time in the gorgeous sunshine.

On Sunday, still enjoying the magnificent weather, we went back outside for some playtime. Or so I thought. In case I had forgotten my real obligation, Sydney brought me one of my gardening gloves. Then the other. Then the bucket.

So we weeded.

Slave driver, that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment